Just joining us? Or have you been blogging along since Question 1? No matter, you can enter the OnSugar Love.Write.Win. Blogging Challenge anytime this month. Just be sure to answer 10 of our questions, or write 10 posts, tagged with LoveWriteWin to win the weekly prize, the sleekly designed HP Pavilion dv6t laptop, or the grand prize, the extraordinary HP Envy14 Spectre and external drive.
Question 11: If You Could Have a Conversation With Anyone (Alive or Dead), Who Would It Be?
It’s very difficult to narrow down just one, as I'd love to have a dinner party with Michael Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Jon Stewart, Madonna, and Walt Disney. But if I could only pick one, I'd choose to have a lengthy chat with myself when I was 16, and older me would do all the talking.
A few reminders that young, stressed-out 16-year-old Eileen needs to hear bear repeating even now, many years later:
- We deserve the same amount we give, and not one iota more or less. Jot that down. Refer to daily.
- Don't take for granted your freedom, three-month college Summer vacations, and carefree lifestyle that your early 20s provide.
- Remember that good friends stick around and always step up to the plate much more than you ever thought possible.
- That romantic comedies, although great to watch on a Friday night, always end when things are easy.
- That the things that seem to matter right now are meager compared to the big picture and all the experiences you are still to have. So instead say: Thanks for the adventure. Now go have a new one.
Let that be a lesson to you . . . and a worthy point to make to Abraham Lincoln, or whomever your conversationalist may be.