Friday is finally here, OnSugar readers, and I hope that your week went by in a flash. Summer is starting to wind down, and here at Sugar we can't help but start to think about all the things we love about Fall. The end of the month also means there are only a few days left to sign up for our August POPSUGAR Must Have. And as a special Friday treat, you can enter code 5FRIDAY to get $5 off your first delivery! Hurry, the code expires at midnight tonight. We hope you enjoy your OnSugar roundup and have a fun-filled weekend ahead.
- One of our favorite bloggers, House of Anaïs, has us marveling at chic country kitchens full of exposed wood beams and warm creamy colors.
- Life as a Twenty Something pulls together the best gold love jewelry that are trending right now. Whether you're more into necklaces or rings, there's a little something for everyone.
- For the at-home entertainer, At First Blush shares how to build the perfect cheese plate with photos of every single must-have item.
- Before Summer comes to a close, blogger Stephanie Meyer of Fresh Tart lets readers know of a local food event and shares a delicious recipe for grilled watermelon salad that has us ready to hit the farmers market.
Hey, OnSugar readers! Sugar High is back and here to bring you the latest roundup of OnSugar's best. Summer is flying by, and although August is already here, there is nothing stopping you from taking full advantage of the beautiful weather outdoors and hot seasonal trends. Our editors just unveiled the July POPSUGAR Must Have bag, filled with all their hand-picked must-have beauty essentials for this Summer. We hope that all of you who signed up were as excited to get them as we were to pick them out! July's bag sold out, so sign up now to make sure you don't miss out on August's shipment! Happy reading.
- Food Orleans puts a spin on the classic caprese salad by incorporating in-season stone fruits for extra sweetness.
- For Summer days in the park, Calm Your Beans shares its top 10 picks for the perfect picnic meal while hanging out with friends and family.
- Shine, Shimmer, and Sparkle gives readers a review of the top gold and bronze nail polish colors that will keep you right on trend for Olympics season.
- Our money-savvy blogger from Beauty and the Budget gives us the top five pieces under $100 from the highly anticipated Barney's Warehouse Sale.
Hey OnSugar! We're hoping that everyone had a wonderful week and is ready to celebrate with some amazing plans for this weekend. The sun is out and the heat is blaring, which in SF means time for some outdoor fun in the park with friends. The city feels so much more alive when it's hot! Before you're out and about, be sure to check out our weekly roundup of our favorite OnSugar posts. Don't forget, if you see something that catches your eye, feel free to leave a comment for us below. Happy reading!
- At First Blush gives us an inside look at some rustic and casual exposed brick walls that leave us inspired by these beautiful spaces.
- The Fash Pack lets us weigh in on Scarlet Johansson's latest red-carpet look.
- Eclectic Jewelry and Fashion shares all the amazing celebrity sightings and outfits from the Tribeca Film Festival that we just can't get enough of.
- Modern Wedding Fashions gives us inspiration this wedding season with some elegant and classic ways to wear lace for your big day.
Happy Friday, everyone! Spring has sprung, and with April right around the corner, we're rounding up our favorite OnSugar posts to bring you the best content for the new season. See something you love? Don't forget to share it with us in the comments below.
Happy Friday, everyone! Take a break from your hectic week and look at some of my favorite OnSugar posts from the past week! Also, I wanted to congratulate Tea for Three on winning the Love.Write.Win competition. Great job!
March is finally here, and Spring is right around the corner! This is one of my favorite times of the year — flowers are blooming, fashion is changing, and the hope of warm weather puts everyone in a happier mood. Unfortunately, the beginning of March also marks the end of OnSugar's Love.Write.Win competition. As we mull over all of the wonderful entries, I wanted to highlight some of our favorite posts from this past week.
- Tea for Three's gallery of things she loves encompasses everything from her precious dogs to her back porch to the awesome climbing wall shown here. I am insanely jealous of her back porch. It looks like the perfect place to relax after a long, hard day or climb.
- Another thing I am jealous of, Food Orleans's awesome life. She eats well, has a ton of fun, and gets to live in beautiful New Orleans. Her great-aunt's 100th birthday in the French Quarter involves a blue boa, parasol, and a goat. It is definitely worth checking out.
- Our wonderful week-four winner, Life, Love & Lace, sweetly answered our 23rd question of what makes you laugh. Her beautiful son seems to be a budding comedian, imitating Nemo and dressing up.
- Hollywood in Silicon Valley was taken back to her childhood when she found a hidden rope swing on her hike. I can't remember the last time I was on a swing — looks like a blast!
Happy belated Valentine's Day! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday full of love and laughter. This week we posed some intriguing questions within the Love.Write.Win competition. From describing the perfect vacation and naming your guilty pleasure to telling us what things in life should always be free and your New Year's resolution successes (or lack thereof), we have been getting to know more about you and enjoying every minute of it! Anytime we get to hear from you, it inspires us and helps us make OnSugar even better. Thank you to everyone who is playing along. Don’t forget, you can join the Love.Write.Win competition at any time and enter for the chance to win the incredible HP Envy14 Spectre. Just follow the prompts and tag your post with "lovewritewin." Happy writing!
- It is so easy for us to think about everyone we love on Valentine's Day, but it seems as though we always forget one very important person: yourself! Beauty and the Budget gives us 14 ways to love who you are on Valentine's Day. Fabulous!
- Beautopia shows us that style is one thing that should always be free. Her amazing re-creation of Derek Lam's 10 Crosby in the form of a manicure is ingenious and practically perfect. I was so impressed by the attention to detail and personal touches. Beautopia, if you're reading this, here are some tips from BellaSugar on how to grow long, beautiful nails à la Rihanna. Also, congratulations on winning the HP dv6 laptop for receiving the most comments on your OPI Dutch blog post!
- Per usual, Food Orleans brings the heat with her amazing recipes and drool-worthy photos. As she gears up for Fat Tuesday, Food Orleans shares her favorite Mardi Gras recipes and lets us know that having fun and celebrating is, and should always be, free.
The Love. Write. Win. competition is off to a beautiful start! Thank you to all those who are participating and sharing your passions with us. It is so inspiring to hear your amazing stories, thoughts, and ideas. I also wanted to take a minute to give a shout-out to our first winner, Kassie H., and her awesome blog Beautiful Basics. Kassie is now the proud owner of an HP Pavilion dv6t laptop. Lucky girl, right? Well if you are interested in joining the OnSugar party and entering for the chance to win a new laptop of your own, all you have to do is follow our daily prompts and tag your post with "LoveWriteWin." Below are my favorite of this week's Love. Write. Win posts. Have a fabulous weekend!
- Tea For Three is our very own celebrity blogger! Robyn has been on the cover of not one, but two magazines! Her blog continues to intrigue and inspire me; she has accomplished so much in life already, yet is so humble and very eloquent.
- Brooklyn Shoe Babe gives insight into life as a librarian when answering our eighth question. I love how she speaks to her previous dreams of being a journalist and guides us on the path that led her to her current, fulfilling profession.
- Sabrina's blog The Daily Sabs is, and will always be, one of my favorite blogs. Her writing style is very true to her personality - sometimes I can actually hear her saying what I'm reading. Her post on the three words your friends would use to describe you is hilarious and honest and made me really appreciate my own friendships.
Hope everyone has had a fabulous week! We have been grinding away here at Sugar and are so excited about the launch of the "Love. Write. Win." OnSugar competition. I hope most of you have seen and read about our fabulous blogging challenge, but if you have not, head to the launch post and check it out. We are giving you the chance to win four incredible HP laptops and the brand-new, not-even-released HP Envy14 Spectre unit! Amazing, right? All you have to do is follow the blogging prompts and tag your posts with "lovewritewin." Simple as that!
Below I have highlighted some of my favorite posts from the contest. It's not too late to enter, so why not start today? Happy blogging!
- Amschrader introduces herself in a witty, engaging post that includes two adorable photos of her as a child, my favorite being the one you see above. Her story on Bits, Bytes and Words is completely relatable and very well written. I can't wait to read more! Oh, and Amschrader, if you're reading this, I'd really love to see photos throughout the hair color evolution!
- Robin of Tea for Three gives us the lowdown on her love for food and apathy for Boulder's reputation and encourages fellow OnSugar bloggers to share recipes, tips, and antics with her.
- I Crave Fashion's very own Suppa Model shares her ambitious goals for 2012 and gives us insight into who and what she thinks being The Suppa Model entails. Looking forward to watching her reach her goals and stomp the runway!
- With writing standing as her passion, Kali of Simply Me has decided to join the Love. Write. Win. competition to refine her craft and continue writing stories as an outlet. Seems like a perfect fit to me!
- Per usual, House of Anaïs brings us a stunning assortment of beautiful homes. If you've ever read her blog, you know that her passion for houses is strong and slightly contagious.
Wow! Is it just me or did January fly by? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was covered in gold sequins sporting a pseudo-tiara with noisemaker in hand counting down to the New Year. Ahh, memories. Anyway, I think 2012 is off to a great start! With resolutions still in mind and hope for what's to come in the New Year, all of your blogs have been jam-packed with amazing posts. Here are a few of my favorite pieces from the past week. Enjoy!
- At First Blush shares her 2012 DIY to-do list. My favorite? The ingenious chalkboard cheese tray.
- If you're looking for the perfect Spring statement piece, look no further. True to her thrifty ways, Beauty and the Budget shows us the most affordable it bag ever.
- Sometimes life gets chaotic and we forget to stop and smell the roses. Life as a twenty something gives us five small things to cheers to.